Essay topic...

My work is painting which want to use and focus on gravity and  feeling of weight. I watched naturally running water and feel beauty in it. That reminded me of Japanese delicate sense in terms of relation between making use of gravity(nature) and creation of beauty.
Moreover, I remember what my professor said in lecture in my university in Japan. That was generally  western people have conquered nature in their garden, but Japanese have coexisted with nature in their garden. So I started to read a book: Japan-Nature, Artifice and Japanese culture written by Augustin Beroue.

Study support touter recommended  artists whose method are dripping and staining.
-Helen Frankenthaler
-Morris Louis
-Clyfford Still
But I feel they are little bit far from my idea. But Morris Louis seems to be relevant to my work.

I've been questioning about painting itself for long time. Especially I'm really interested in depth,
expanse of space and illusion in painting. I've seen many paintings and I found that paintings
which have perspective or depth spoke to me. It is because I like to feel spread of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment